Rafael --

...and then Rafael C. Gawenda said...
%
% Hi there.

Hello!

%
% I'm using the compressed folders patch/feature, and running this list in
% such a folder, with fcc-hook, so if I post a message here, it should (and it

You should never have mail delivered to a compressed folder.  Just don't
do it; there are too many locking and corruption issues.  In case you're
not actually delivering there, though, we'll continue on...

% does) stay here, but when I hit 'send' at the compose menu, I got a
% mail-sent hint, followed witch a "Mailbox was corrupted" one, which seems
% false, I can't see the msg just posted, but when I change to another folder

The problem is that mutt, as directed, writes to the actual compressed
folder, but you are working in a temporary copy; mutt doesn't actually
speak compressed folders like it speaks mbox files.  When the source
folder is modified, as far as mutt is concerned it is corrupted, and so
it tells you so.

% and back to this one, I can see it appended right. I'm using the default
% open-append-close hooks, and the only thing I don't understand is that error
% message.

If you *really* want to send a message to mutt-users and have it happily
appear in your compressed folder, have your fcc-save-hook write to '^'
after applying Byrial's current_shortcut patch; the message will end up
in the temp file, and upon exit mutt will see that and use the close-hook
to put the temp file back in place as the real file.  [BTW, I bet that
even though your message to mutt-users shows up the message to which
you're replying never shows up with an 'r', right?]

%
% I did a backup of the full mail tree. Just in case ;)

That's a good idea if you're delivering into that compressed folder.
Stop that immediately!

%
% --
% Rafael C. Gawenda, rgawenda/at/pobox/dot/com
% 2:348/610@fidonet; GnuPG key: 0x5C4839A5; Registered LiNUX User #93375
% There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home (Ken Olson,
% president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977)

HTH & HAND

:-D
(work) [EMAIL PROTECTED]