On Wed, Apr 10, 2002 at 04:06:02PM +0200, Michael Tatge wrote:
> David T-G ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) muttered:
> > ...and then Michael Tatge said...
> > % macro pager <f5> "<exit><enter-command>color body [0-9]<enter><display-message>"
> > %
> >
> > What about a different approach: just search for [0-9\-/\.]*
>
> No. This would color each and every -, / and ".", too. But
> ([0-9]+[\.:/-]*)* would do for most numbers, phones, dates and times.
> Only I cannot turn it off, which sucks.

Sure you can.  Since it is a search string, just type something like

    /lasjdslkddd

I just let my fingers jitter on the home row.  It won't match anything,
thereby turning off the highlighting and leaving the pager otherwise
unchanged.

That being said, I would really like such an uncolor feature myself.  I
receive internal newsletters that I find easier to read if I highlight
the section headings like this:

    display-hook '~s "blips"' 'push "/\^[A-Z0-9][A-Z0-9 [:punct:]]*$^M"'

These highlights disappear, however, whenever I search for something.
Being able to color and uncolor patterns in the pager would be a good
solution.

Gary

--
Gary Johnson                               | Agilent Technologies
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                   | Spokane, Washington, USA