Quoting David T-G, Thu Apr 11 11:42:32 -0500 2002 (CEST)

> % rgawenda is UID,GID=3D0

> Whoa -- rgawenda is your root user?

Sort of it, some Debian packages required 'root' to exist, so I just
disabled it's login, and created another account with UID=3D0, but the user
account ais is the one I use (even for receiving/sending mail as
rgawenda@...). I know, now there are other security measures, but I've got
used to do it, as I've to manage some old boxes.

> OK; that's good.  Now what about your spool mailbox, if that's the one
> about which we're talking?

My basic error was 'obfuscation' I think. I was so attonished that I mixed
up the facts, and reported wrong things... sync always worked, it was just
exiting which didn't sync :)

> Um, OK.  Now I'm confused again.  I thought you said that sync didn't
> work.  Maybe you should outline the difficulty for me again...

Well, at least I can figure you all laughted a while when you read where my
problem was :)

--
Rafael C. Gawenda, rgawenda/at/pobox/dot/com
2:348/610@fidonet; GnuPG key: 0x5C4839A5; Registered LiNUX User #93375