On 04/11/02, 12:36:45PM -0400, darren chamberlain wrote:
> * [EMAIL PROTECTED] <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-04-11 12:24]:
 >
> > These big text files open fine with vim.  When I get home, I may have
> > to fiddle with the From header to get things right.  But, this may
> > work.
> >
> > I'll report back.
>
> Try formail; I think it can add missing From lines.

Using vim, I've gotten the From header to look like this:

>From Robert F. Jones [[EMAIL PROTECTED]]

This, however, is not the standard mbox header, which, on my machine,
looks like this:

>From [EMAIL PROTECTED]  Fri Apr  7 18:38:07 2000

When then run the edited file through formail, it does not add the
correct missing From line.  Rather, it leaves the first instance of From
as shown above unchanged and then escapes the remaining From lines with
a >  I use the -b switch to stop this.  However, in no case does Mutt
recognize the box as a valid mbox.  Any ideas?

Thanks.

John

--
John P. Verel
Living Proof That Low Tech Beats High Tech!