Hi!

On Don, Apr 25, 2002 at 06:13:54 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote
> I think you haven't understood. There is already a mutt_dotlock
> installed here (in /usr/...) with correct permissions. But I also
> want to install more recent versions of Mutt in my home directory,
> and "make install" installs a mutt_dotlock with wrong permissions
> too. :( I have to remove mutt_dotlock from my bin directory each
> time I want to install a new version of Mutt.

Or I may have the permissions to install mutt in /usr/local, but I
don't have permissions to change the s-bit. So a "make install"
installs a new mutt_dotlock without propper permissions, and I have to
ask root to fix it.

And in most cases you only want to install a new version of mutt, not
mutt_dotlock.

Shade and sweet water!

        Stephan

--
| Stephan Seitz                   E-Mail: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
|          WWW: http://fsing.fs.uni-sb.de/~stse/            |