Hi,

* Vincent Lefevre [04/25/02 23:27:08 CEST] wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 25, 2002 at 23:12:58 +0200, Rocco Rutte wrote:
> > It doesn't really matter, I think. The dotlock program is the
> > last which is to be installed. if chgrp fails, who cares since
> > (at that point) everything else is sucessfully where it should
> > be. Just remove the binary.

> But some users may complain that Mutt could remove a mutt_dotlock with
> correct permissions which was already installed at the same place.

Hmm, you can check the permissions of it.

If you have no privileged access to a machine, you're probably
the wrong person to install software systemwide. But every
user may install a copy of mutt in $HOME. In this case, 'make
install' is called without root permissions and will fail. In
such a case you can remove mutt_dotlock in your $HOME.

Cheers, Rocco.