On [04/05/02] 12:36, Jussi Ekholm wrote:
> Mike Schiraldi <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>
> >> So, is there any way to use this option with emacsclient? Just for the
> >> record; I can't handle any Elisp, so I can't handle any of that -- by
> >> myself, at least. :-)
> >
> > Okay, grab Rob Reid's post package. It automatically recognizes mutt
> > messages, based on the filename IIRC. It provides a variable,
> > post-uses-fill-mode, on by default, which turns on post mode when
> > composing a message.
>
> Hmm, what's this package and where it is located?

http://www.astro.utoronto.ca/~reid/mutt/

It's a emacs mode for writing emails with mutt. It does color syntax and some
other nice things - also wrapping lines. Check it out!

> I think, that something is wrong with my Emacs, because 'M-x
> auto-fill-mode' doesn't start wrapping lines. Or, then the wrong
> thing is me -- should I somehow configure auto-fill-mode through
> 'customize' or something?  It just doesn't wrap the lines...

Maybe variable fill-column it too big. You can try to use
set-fill-column function to set it to something reasonable.

Try this:  C-u 72 C-x f   this will set fill-column to 72
Or in customize find option fill-column.

If this will work, you can add following line to your .emacs file:

   (setq fill-column 72)

You can also press C-q to wrap current paragraph (even outside
auto-fill-mode).

HTH,

     Radek

| Radek Spacil, research assistant,            |
| WLan project, Telecommunication laboratory   |
| Lappeenranta University of Technology        |
| www:   http://www.lut.fi/~spacil/            |