* On Thu, 16 May 2002, David Champion wrote:

> I don't find that multiple quotation styles at the *same*
> quotation depth is a very common occurrence. Much more common
> is that I'm being mailed something that begins with a column of
> '#' marks -- a shell script posted in reply to someone's
> comments, say:
>
>       > your script doesn't cover quite all cases. can you post a fix?
>
>       OK, try this:
>       #!/bin/sh
>       # revision 2
>       # by request
>       echo Hello, solar system!

But in this case it's nice to have the "#" lines distinguished
from the ">" lines by being a different color, isn't it?

Maybe the solution is to make it an option to go by _depth only_
when coloring quotes.  Or to be able to group some quote prefixes
together as being "equivalent" for coloring purposes.

But it looks to me like Mutt doesn't really know the depth of a
quote as it works now.  For example, if you have a message with
_only_ "second-level" or higher quote prefixes (say "> > "), Mutt
still seems to start with the first-level color.

--
John