* On 2002.06.04, in <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>,
*       "David T-G" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> There's a handy utility that spits out the keycodes it gets, though I'm
> sure the equivalent could be whipped in perl as a one-liner.  Anybody
> recall it?

You might be thinking of dumpkeys, but it's a Linux thing. Anyway,
keycodes are keyboard event numbers, and they don't necessarily
correspond to ASCII key sequences that the terminal emulation can
respond to. There are no particular control-function or shift-function
codes that I'm aware of.

OTOH, depending on your OS, you could remap those input events via
the keyboard driver and keymap settings to send some other terminal
sequence, so that, for example, control-f1 delivers an ESC-O + ESC-D, or
some such complexity. That could be remapped inside mutt.

--
 -D.    [EMAIL PROTECTED]        NSIT    University of Chicago