Kevin --

...and then Kevin Coyner said...
%
% I've recently installed mutt and loving it.  Now I'm taking a stab at
% getting my GnuPG key associated with mutt, verifying sigs, etc.

Good deal!

%
% I've got it working such that I can send my signature and send
% encrypted, but for some reason I can't verify the sigs of others.

Well, I'm not entirely sure of that...

%
% Here's what I have in my .muttrc regarding PGP verify sig:
%
% set pgp_verify_sig = yes        #  auto verify incoming signed msgs

Right.

%
% And in my ~/.gnupg/options I have:
%
% keyserver search.keyserver.net

That looks good, although it may or may not be up...  That, however,
doesn't really have anything to do with verifying sigs; it has to do with
fetching keys.  Now, if you don't have the key you can't verify the sig,
but it makes sense to separate the two tasks.

%
% My gut feel is the the line I have in the 'options' file for keyserver
% is what the problem is.

Are you using the fresh, new 1.0.7 or something earlier?  If you're at
the latest, then you must add

  keyserver-options auto-key-retrieve

to your options file to have gpg download the keys automatically.

%
% Could someone please verify if the keyserver entry and syntax I'm using
% is correct, and if not, then suggest a correct version?

That looks good, but other possibilities include

  keyserver wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net
  #keyserver wwwkeys.us.pgp.net
  #keyserver wwwkeys.uk.pgp.net
  #keyserver wwwkeys.pgp.net
  #keyserver certserver.pgp.com
  #keyserver pgp.ai.mit.edu
  #keyserver keyserver.net
  #keyserver search.keyserver.net
  #keyserver pgp.dtype.org
  #keyserver gnv.us.ks.cryptnet.net
  #keyserver ldap://horowitz.surfnet.nl:11370
  #keyserver x-hkp://gnv.us.ks.cryptnet.net:11371
  #keyserver ldap://pgp.surfnet.nl:11370
  #keyserver blackhole.pca.dfn.de
  #keyserver gnv.us.ks.cryptnet.net

(pulled from my options file).