Kevin --

We're starting to move dangerously near the edge of topic...

...and then Kevin Coyner said...
%
% On Mon, Jun 10, 2002 at 07:09:18AM -0500, David T-G wrote......
% >
% > %
% > % I'm using the new 1.0.7,
% >
% > OK.  If you've never used gpg before this then you're probably fine; if
% > you're upgrading, there are some particular caveats.
%
% New user.  Can't you tell?  I thought it would be rather obvious.  :-)

Well, yeah, but I not only can give the benefit of the doubt but could
also imagine that you might have used gpg under win in your past life :-)

%
% > % it made the whole thing work in a snap!
% >
% > Funny how reading the docs can make everything right again ;-)
%
% I've been reading so many docs/info/man's recently that I'm going
% cross-eyed. Perhaps that's the problem - read too much and you miss
% things!  Information overload.

Yeah, I know what you mean.

%
% > Sure thing.  I got tired of hitting dead or empty keyservers and so I
% > started taking notes every time I saw one mentioned.  I also run
% >
% >   host -l pgp.net | grep wwwkeys | sed "s/^/#/" | sort
%
% I demonstrating more of my inexperience with this question, but the
% command above didn't work for me.  I know that host should give me a

Hmmm...

% list of all machines in the zone pgp.net, and then you'll grep for
% wwwkeys and send that to sed (lost here as haven't studied sed yet) and
% then sort that result.  But when I run it from the CL, I get zip (no
% errors, just the comm. prompt again).  What am I missing?  I checked my
% /etc/resolv.conf and my entries there for DNS servers are o.k.

First try the host command.  If that works, try it with grep.  If that
works, try it with sed (which searches for the beginning of each line and
"replaces it" (not really anything but a marker point) with an octothorpe,
the net result being that it's now a comment instead of a command).
If that works, try it with sort.

If it fails at the first step, I can't help you :-)

%
%
% Thanks and HAND back to you.  Kevin
%