* Peter T. Abplanalp ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) [020626 12:29]:
> On Wed, Jun 26, 2002 at 09:18:54PM +0200, Robert Ian Smit wrote:
> > Hi,
>
> hello.
>
> > I don't know if the --command option for gnome-terminal causes a
> > different environment to be set. And if so if it's a feature or a
> > bug. After searching faqs, checking manuals and browsing bugzillas,
> > I give up. Would some kind soul shed some light on my frustrating
> > situation?
>
> i don't know why this is happening but why not try:
>
> gnome-terminal --command ". /home/<logname>/.bashrc;mutt"

I'm guessing this wouldn't work, as "." is a shell builtin. If
gnome-terminal were running the command in a shell, $OP wouldn't have
the problem in the first place!

A better suggestion (As David T-G gave) is to get that environment
variable in your parent process' environment, maybe with ~/.Xsession or
similar.

good times,
Vineet
--