On Wed, Jul 31, 2002 at 18:26:40 +0200, Sven Guckes wrote:
> * Vincent Lefevre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-07-31 15:14]:
> > > the default value should *always* be documented.
> > What do you mean by "documented"?
>
> the manual to "muttrc" should show it.

OK, so what happens if two Mutt binaries use different default values?

> are there any options with different defaults
> according to configure options being used?

The default value of dotlock_program depends on the configuration
options.

> if so then this should be documented, too.

Yes, and my point was: for these options, the default value shouldn't
be written in the manual, because it may be incorrect. The user should
get the actual value with :set xxx=[TAB]. And of course, this should
be documented. Moreover, if mutt -v could give a hint, this would be
useful.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated (X)HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International