* Paul Brannan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [2002-09-06 09:03]:
> if someone sends you a long email (and it is necessary
> and/or appropriate to quote the email or a large portion
> of it), then replying at the top saves the reader the
> time of scrolling to the bottom to find the reply.

so you top-post because your recipient is using a shitty mailer
or because he does not know how to skip past the quoted text?
well, this indeed is supporting bad software and silly users!

i would not give either of them any support, especially not when
posting to a mailing list;  it just makes the archive useless.

anyway, all people who are using bad mailers deserve them.  so there.

> Generally, this situation arises in personal emails
> much more so than it does in public forums.

maybe for you, dear.

> BTW, why did this post show up in my inbox rather than in my
> mutt folder?  My procmailrc searches for "^TO.*mutt-users"..

please explain why you use ".*" here.

> but mutt-users doesn't seem to be anywhere in the
> headers (unless I missed it somehow).
> What part of the header should I be filtering on?

using "TO" is fine.

> I also notice that neither list-reply nor group-reply
> works with the post I am responding to; I had to paste
> mutt-users into the Cc: line to reply to the list.
> Any ideas why?

incorrect setup.

Sven