On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 09:10:11AM -0400, Mark J. Reed wrote:

> "Linux" is in "evitable" ==>  "Linux is inevitable."

Yes.  Quote from John "Maddog" Hall circa 1994 Linux Lectures.
(and quite true IMHO).

Word riddles are different from a plain scrambles in that they
require leaps of logic.  Mark's answer is correct.  The diagram of
his logic (presented by the quote marks) is a little different
from the way I would present it:

        "Linux is" in "evitable"

        Here's a simple one:
mind
matter

= "Mind over matter"

Sadly now everyone with a keyboard and access to Google now knows
the answer. :)  (you fools!  Now look what you've done!) ;-)

Next time I post a riddle in my sig I'll have to put a disclaimer in it
to send answers directly to me for private verification.

But that will make my sig even longer.......... :-)

--
Jeff Kinz, Director, Emergent Research,  Hudson, MA.  "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"
copyright 1995-2002.  Use restricted to non-UCE uses. Any other use is an

<insert fancy schmancy ascii graphics here>