On 18 Feb 2008 11:33 +0100, by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve S):
> and mutt is open all the time. The last mailbox I visited is
> foo/. Now mail arrives for all three boxes.  I'm in the message
> index and navigate to bar/, press Return to enter the mailbox. But
> instead of opening bar/, I'm ending up in foo/, i.e. the box which
> (1) also has new mail and (2) was the last mailbox that was open.

As I understand mutt's behavior, if new mail arrives in the currently
open mailbox *while* you are in the process of selecting another
mailbox to open at the prompt, it aborts and stays in the mailbox you
were in. Is this what you are seeing?

--
Michael Kjörling .. [EMAIL PROTECTED] .. http://michael.kjorling.se
* ..... No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings ..... *