On Mon, Feb 18, 2008 at 01:39:13PM +0000, Michael Kjorling wrote:
> On 18 Feb 2008 11:33 +0100, by [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Steve S):
> > and mutt is open all the time. The last mailbox I visited is
> > foo/. Now mail arrives for all three boxes.  I'm in the message
> > index and navigate to bar/, press Return to enter the mailbox. But
> > instead of opening bar/, I'm ending up in foo/, i.e. the box which
> > (1) also has new mail and (2) was the last mailbox that was open.
>
> As I understand mutt's behavior, if new mail arrives in the currently
> open mailbox *while* you are in the process of selecting another
> mailbox to open at the prompt, it aborts and stays in the mailbox you
> were in. Is this what you are seeing?

Hah that's close. The difference in my case is that it happens after new mail
has arrived when I'm already back in the message index in order to go to
another mailbox from there (i.e. I switch between mailboxes like so: foo/ ->
message index -> bar/ -> message index -> ...).

Could you point me to the spot where this is documented?
This may help me to dig deeper. Thanks.

s.