* tchomby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> [20081025 13:04]:
> It's a shame the sidebar patch is so problematic. What do mutt users
> who don't use the sidebar patch do instead? The aim is to have a list
> of folders, which I know mutt can do, and for each folder say how many
> emails are in it and how many of those are unread, or at least say
> which folders contain new mail. It's to solve the problem where you
> are subscribed to a large number of email lists, for example, and
> filter mail from each list into its own folder, then you don't want to
> have to open each folder just to see if there's anything new in it.
> What's the best solution in mutt?

As long as you specify your mailfolders with "mailboxes", you can use
"c" or "y" to change to a folder with new mail or get quick overview
of the folders with new mail. You just won't see how many unread there
are - but do you really care about that?

The sidebar patch, which I did use for a while, was quickly discarded
for eating up screen realestate I could ill afford to be without. And
if you keep hiding the sidebar, why bother patching it in in the first
place?

/Anders