On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 10:51:05PM +0100, Noah Slater wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 03:37:32PM -0600, lee wrote:
> > > To the best of my knowledge, it isn't defined anywhere. But that doesn't
> > > matter.
> > > The common understanding of an attachment is that it is a file, with a
> > > filename,
> > > that has been sent as a separate item from the message.
> >
> > Well, then most people have a wrong understanding.
>
> This is an absurdly prescriptivist statement.

I'm not sure what "prescriptivist" means. See Message-ID:
<20090718204148.ga8...@cat.rubenette.is-a-geek.com>,
there's an explanation why I could maintain saying that.

> As in, if you did a survey of all the people on the planet, and
> asked them if they had ever saved the HTML component of a simple
> email message, I am willing to bet the number would be under 1%.

A simple email message doesn't have any HTML components.

You probably wouldn't get any valid results from such a survey because
the percentage of people who wouldn't know what you're talking about
would be too high.