++ 10/08/09 16:44 +0200 - Michael Tatge:
>> there is no automatic way to execute "$".  i.e. save changes to
>> mailbox. This is particularly a problem for IMAP because losing your
>> internet connection (e.g. sleeping your laptop) usually means losing
>> mailbox changes.
>
>No, there isn't. And that's a good thing (TM). I don't want messages to
>be auto deleted.

No messages will be "auto deleted".

The only thing that happens is that messages you earlier have marked as
"to be deleted" will be actually deleted. Or better, any changes you
have made to the status of the message is comitted. The behaviour
wouldn't be any different from exiting a mailbox or pressing "$".

And, in the spirit of mutt, such a setting would be configurable. One
can turn it on or off and set the interval.

I can't think of a reason why this would be bad (especialy if it's
configurable and the default is "off").

--
Rejo Zenger . <r...@zenger.nl> . 0x21DBEFD4 . <https://rejo.zenger.nl>
GPG encrypted e-mail prefered.