Have you tried issuing a "?" to see what mutt thinks "m" it is mapped to?

-j

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 01:04:35PM -0700, Robert Holtzman thus spake:
After Mutt working well for a week or so, issuing "m" to compose a new
message now results in opening the postponed-msgs mailbox. It also
disables scrolling in the side pane using ^p and ^n. The only change to
~.muttrc I've made was to add some mailboxes. Don't recall if
postponed-msgs was one.

For the record I'm running Ubuntu Hardy and the Ubuntu version of Mutt
1.5.17.

This problem also exists on my laptop running the identical setup.

Any ideas appreciated.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279