* Robert Holtzman (hol...@cox.net) wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Aug 2009, Jason Helfman wrote:
>
> >Have you tried issuing a "?" to see what mutt thinks "m" it is mapped to?
>
> That was the first thing I did. It said "compose a new mail message"
> just like it always did. The only difference is that it used to work
> as advertised.
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> --
> Bob Holtzman

This sounds to me like you have a postponed message - in this case, when
you go to compose a new message again, mutt brings back the postponed
message that you where last working on. What happens if you either send
the message that keeps popping up, or say no to sending it (and do not
postpone it again)? Following this, mutt should hopefully open the new
message dialog as expected again.

Kind Regards,
Jaime