I just realised I inadvertantly replied directly to the sender instead
of to the list. My apologies.

On Mon, Aug 17, 2009 at 11:41:18AM +1000, Jaime Tarrant wrote:

> This sounds to me like you have a postponed message - in this case, when
> you go to compose a new message again, mutt brings back the postponed
> message that you where last working on. What happens if you either send
> the message that keeps popping up, or say no to sending it (and do not
> postpone it again)? Following this, mutt should hopefully open the new
> message dialog as expected again.

The problem was that the mailbox names in the .muttrc file didn't exactly
mirror the names in ~/mail, ie mutt instead of list-mutt. I had read on a
web site that it wasn't necessary to do this but either the site was wrong
or I misinterpreted it. As soon as I made the correction everything
works.

Thanks for the reply.

--
Bob Holtzman
AF9D 8760 0CFA F95A 6C77  E125 BF90 580F 8D54 9279