On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 10:43:08AM -0500, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2010 at 07:04:22PM +1100, Cameron Simpson wrote:
> > If I complete the reply immediately (as now), it's all seamless.
> >
> > But if I want to defer the reply for later, I simply detach from screen
> > and reattach later. Here's this message in progress:
>
> But what happens on detach in the parent mutt (edit abort?)?  (I've
> tried it, and the screen does not appear to start.

Oh, I got it to work.  I needed to insert "env TERM=xterm-color" into
the screen command-line (I'd completely forgotten).  screen -ls output
gets mangled, but that's screen's fault:

There are screens on:
    [...]
    3820.mutt-30mar2010-11:06 Re_Foobars_Request_1  (Detached)

> > Does that workflow address your needs?
>
> Almost, but see the other e-mails in this thread.

This is the closest so far though.  Thanks,

Nico