Сбт, 03 Июл 2010, Rado S писал(а):
> Wasted effort compared to an editor macro to add some line like
> "please acknowledge receipt and respond ASAP".
> If you just want to reverse the default, add such line to your
> $signature, and delete it when not desired.

IMO the key to get response is politeness, putting that line in
$signature is not enough and some (including me) configure mua to hide
signature when reading emails. A better chance of getting receipt
would be writing inside email body, such as

"John, it is very important for me to know that you had read this
email. Your help to send me an acknowledge receipt will be highly
appreciated."

This would make recipient feel a real person or a friend rather than a
machine making that request.

I think OP can go on writing his patch to automate sending r-r but I
doubt that will increase his chance of getting receipts other than
annoying more recipients.

--
regards,
GPG key 1024D/4434BAB3 2008-08-24