* On 02 Aug 2010, Nicolas Williams wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 01, 2010 at 10:52:01PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> > Syntax has been changed: -a indicates a *list* of attachment files
> > ending with "--". I don't recall which version was first to boast this
> > new syntax, but it's the problem you're seeing right now even if it's
> > not related to the problem you saw earlier.
> >
> > Try:
> >
> > mutt -s test -a Bild.jpg -- m...@some.org <body.txt
>
> I recommend against this use of '--'.  It makes it harder to write
> wrapper scripts that parse the same arguments using getopt/ getopts, for
> example.  Sadly, I don't have a counter-proposal, nor am I suggesting
> this get ripped out now.

I'm not fond of it either, but there was fairly extensive
discussion when it was committed in April 2007.  See mutt-users
<20070320122350.ga25...@giotto.argoss.nl> and mutt-dev
<20070321193650.gb2...@df7cb.de> for thread heads.

I think your specific concern may be exempted by the implementation
used.

--
 -D.    d...@uchicago.edu    IT Services    University of Chicago