On 2010-08-02, Nicolas Williams <nicolas.willi...@oracle.com> wrote:

> Right.  There's no good convention for "end of list of arguments to an
> option".  There's only a good convention for "end of variable argument
> list" ('--'), and since this is the closest thing...

And since there _is_ a convention that '--' ends the option list, it's
A Bad Thing(TM) to use it for something else.  I think violating the
almost universal convention about what '--' means is a terrible idea,
but apparently we're now stuck with it.

The standard way to pass a list of filenames on a command line is to
do it indirectly by putting the filenames in a file, and passing that
filename.  That seems to work fine for dozens (or hundreds) of other
programs, so I don't see any reason why mutt shouldn't follow that
convention.

--
Grant Edwards               grant.b.edwards        Yow! Sometime in 1993
                                  at               NANCY SINATRA will lead a