* On 09 Aug 2010, Derek Martin wrote:

>   $ mutt [...] -a "`echo *|tr ' ' \"$DELIMITER\""` $RECIPIENT
>
> or something of the sort.  Of course, then you have either the
> spaces-in-filenames problem, or the delimiter-in-filenames problem.
> Or both.

If we're actually going to revisit this in -dev, I'll reiterate my
suggestion from back then:

mutt -a { *.jpg } $RECIPIENT

I don't think that needing to attach files named '{' or '}' from the
command line is a very common problem.  But I also don't think that
what we have is such a problem that it must be changed, so long as it's
properly documented in usage and the manual.

--
 -D.    d...@uchicago.edu    IT Services    University of Chicago