* On 03 Aug 2010, Grant Edwards wrote:

> > Strictly speaking, no: since mutt requires the -a option to be last,
> > a '--' terminating the list of arguments to -a implicitly terminates
> > the option list as well.  I think this may have been part of the design
> > consideration.
>
> IMO, requiring that unrelated options be present in a certain order is also
> a bad idea.

What we have wouldn't have been my solution, but this solution got there
first with a patch.  Unless there's a patch implementing something else
and a problem statement or use case to justify changing the interface
(again), I think this is a solved problem from the maintenance point of
view. :)

We three agree that we don't *like* this syntax, but is anything
operationally broken about it -- can any commonplace operation not be
accomplished, or does it require a bizarre workaround?  Nothing like
that has been demonstrated.

--
 -D.    d...@uchicago.edu    IT Services    University of Chicago