Quoth j...@telefonica.net on Sunday, 29 August 2010:
> Hi, friends.
>
> Mutt is marvellous, I start with it only some days ago and now I have
> configured it very very funtional to my taste.
>
> Now I use it also to Take Notes.
> I made an alias for Postfix to send mails to a black hole, /dev/null so
> I can send clean mails to a phantom address in aliases no...@localhost
> and with a fcc-hook all of them go to mailbox =notes
>
> I have mutt with "set sort=reverse-threads" so I can see my Notes
> threads with nice sorting and order.
> Reply to a Notes Subject is a new note about it.
> I can have as many Subjects as I will need.
> I can Search in body notes or Subject.
> With a macro F12 show me the =notes mailbox.
>
> I choose to have all my important writings in pure text, it is
> universal, faster than other, so I will be always able to read and edit
> my papers, and Notes with Mutt is pure text.
>
> If someone find it useful, please, don't doubt to ask me about config.
>
> Best regards.
> Jose
>
> --
> Jose Angel Navarro Cortes
> email: j...@telefonica.net
> web: http://janc.es/
> Usuario Linux: #49178

That's a cool tip -- I might have to use it.

I often find that I want to copy text from an email into another file.
Rather than reaching for the mouse to highlight the text and then start
my editor and paste it, I just forward the message to myself without
actually sending it.  Since my email editor is vim, I can then yank the
text from the almost-forwarded message and then open the other file and
paste it.  Then quit the original file and press 'n' to avoid sending it.
Anyone have an even easier hack?

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com