On Tue, Mar 22, 2011 at 10:37:35AM +0900, Dan Drake wrote:
> One idea: write a script (shell, Python, etc) that parses the temp file,
> adds the hashcash stuff, and then spawns vim. Then in Mutt, you set your
> editor to be that script:
>
>        set editor = my_hashcash_script
>
> The nice thing about that is you can write it using whatever you like,
> instead of Vim's scripting language, and perhaps use email parsing
> libraries and so on.

Actually, that's not a bad idea. I'm struggling working my way through
vimscript, and it's a shame that I have to reinvent everything myself.
Calling already existing libraries and modules is definitely the way to
go. Let's see if that makes my job easier.

The only hiccup I see, is I might not have all the addresses added to
the mail before composition. If I add addresses later, this means I
would need to re-edit the temp file, so the script can reparse the
addresses and add each token to the header. Then again, this was an
issue anyway.

Come to think of it, I should have Vim call an external script that
works on the temp file when closing. This would give me the opportunity
to add the necessary addresses to the header before the script executes.

> Oh, and I love your .signature!

Heh. Total geek. I dig it.

--
. o .   o . o   . . o   o . .   . o .