> Using vim.. I recall folks have ported vi or vim to one of the early
> ipods and I can hardly imagine anything geekier short of using vim on
> a morse terminal.

I regularly use mutt/vim via connectbot (ssh client) on an android
phone, equipped with a physical keyboard, and it's not *that* bad.  Vim
being modal, thumb-typing works ok; all you need is a way to send Escape
and maybe Ctrl once in a while.

It ain't the most ergonomic way to work, but I'm pretty sure EMACS would
be worse :)

Makes me think, is there a patch somewhere or plans to make it possible
to get multi-line mailbox index entries in mutt? With very narrow
terminals (40 columns or such) it'd be something useful and even on a
regular 80-column term I'd surely prefer having the mail subject on its
own line.

Thanks,

--