On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 22:42, Patrice Levesque wrote:

> I regularly use mutt/vim via connectbot (ssh client) on an android phone,
> equipped with a physical keyboard, and it's not *that* bad.  Vim being modal,
> thumb-typing works ok; all you need is a way to send Escape and maybe Ctrl
> once in a while.

I think it’s the lack of physical keyboard that would kill the idea on most
Android and iOS devices.  Using Prompt on iPhone, you lost nearly all of the
screen to the keyboard, and can only see a couple of lines at a time.  It’s
“useable”, after a fashion, but it’s definitely far from ideal.

Mike

--