On 06Nov2011 07:31, Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
| * Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> [111105 16:28]:
| > On 05Nov2011 14:23, Tim Johnson <t...@akwebsoft.com> wrote:
| > |   Done. I've installed the css package. Added the invocation of
| > |   env.sh to to .profile. Restarted mutt. With environment :).
| > |   Below is result of mutt -> !env
| > [...]
| > | TMPDIR=/var/folders/rj/6r6lch2d1mqb6p8k7s_ydrh80000gn/T/
| >
| > Interesting. Seems a surprisingly complicated path. Mine's /tmp or ~/tmp
| > depending, normally.
|   Which OS are you on?

Snow Leopard. But I explicitly set $TMPDIR in my login stuff, so maybe I
have never noticed the system default.

| > I'm hoping xv worked?
|   It loads, but does not load the file. I just get the splash screen

That's no good. While "xv" is open, what does "ps" show its command line
to be? It should be running "xv the-file", presuming you have "xv %s" in
the mailcap.

| > | remap: /Users/tim/rc/remap: No such file or directory
| > | Save [/Users/tim/dl/muttAUDN80.]?
|
|   Also, would like to eliminate prompt to save file.  Do you mind
|   resending me the URL for your documentation. I lost it. Sorry!

http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/css/manuals/apphelper.1.html

Sounds like you want the -N, -Y or -A options.

Half the point of apphelper is to view-and-offer-to-save. Otherwise you
may as well just run the viewer directly. (Unless you want to always
save the file I guess.)

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au> DoD#743
http://www.cskk.ezoshosting.com/cs/

Very few things happen at the right time, and the rest do not happen at all.
The conscientious historian will correct these defects.
- Mark Twain, _A Horse's Tale_