* Nikola Hardi <hardi.nik...@gmail.com> [11-17-11 18:21]:
> Ok, but fetchmail will get all mesages. I need to keep mesages that
> aren't from list on the server. If I tell fetchmail to keep them, what
> could delete those from lists? That way I don't need offline imap.
>
> Btw, thanks for the welcome. :)
>
> 2011/11/18, Brian Salter-Duke <b_d...@bigpond.net.au>:
> > On Fri, Nov 18, 2011 at 12:04:14AM +0100, Nikola Hardi wrote:
> >> Hi!
> >>
> >> I'm using gmail's IMAP and I'm subscribed to several mailing lists. Now
> >> I wont to get that mail from lists to my desktop computer and delete it
> >> from the server, then sort it to different local mailboxes. Other part
> >> is to make offline copy of "valuable" messages and keep them on the
> >> server for usage with other mail clients.
> >>
> >> What tool is for what? Fetchmail probably could do this part getting
> >> mail and offlineimap the other part of syncing other messages. Who
> >> should do the sorting part and keep messages from one mailing list in
> >> one mailbox? Is it task for MDA?
> >>
> >> Just tell me which tool should do what and I'll try to make my way
> >> somehow.
> >>
> >> This is the first time I'm writing to a mailing list so tell me if I did
> >> something wrong. :)
> >
> > Welcome to the list. Use fetchmail to get them and procmail to filter
> > them into different mail boses.
> >
> > Cheers, Brian.
> >
> > --
> > "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you,
> > then you win."
> >                                   -- Gandhi, being prophetic about Linux.
> > Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) Email: b_duke(AT)bigpond(DOT)net(DOT)au
> >

> --
> Послато са мог мобилног уређаја

do not tell fetchmail to delete after download (see man page), then all
will remain on gmail's server and will be accessable via tags/labels or in
"all mail".

not to your wishes then subscribe to a second gmail account and
automagically via gmail forward the list mail to the second account.  All
you list mail comes from specific addrs so sorting what you wish deleted
is the easiest approach, imnsho.  Then dl with fetchmail list mail from
the second account and tell fetchmail to delete after dl.  The mail will
all remain in "all mail" anywhay until you delete it yourself.

--
(paka)Patrick Shanahan       Plainfield, Indiana, USA      HOG # US1244711
http://en.opensuse.org                           openSUSE Community Member