On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 01:04:23PM -0500, David Champion wrote:
> * On 19 Jul 2012, Robin Lee Powell wrote:
> > "If you define a macro to work with a single entry, then it can
> > not be applied to tagged entries just by using
> > <tag-prefix>macro-key!!!" is flat-out false in every version of
> > mutt I have access to.  This means that the entire section
> > "Special usage: applying to several tagged entries" is both
> > false and useless.
>
> It's not false or useless, but it is incomplete.

Sorry, I started my big mail before I saw this.  :)

> What it means is that if a macro contains two or more operations,
> and you press your <tag-prefix> keystroke before executing the
> macro, it will execute the first operation on each tagged entry
> and then execute each subsequent operation on the current entry,
> whichever entry happens to be current after the first operation is
> done.
>
> The current wording is correct in a logical sense, but not in a
> practical sense.  Perhaps it should say:
>
> If you define a macro to work with a single entry, then it can not
> **necessarily** be applied to tagged entries just by using
> <tag-prefix>macro-key!
>
> Or:
>
> If you define a macro to perform multiple actions, then it can not
> be applied to tagged entries just by using <tag-prefix>macro-key!
>
> Or:
>
> <tag-prefix> affects only the next action performed by a macro,
> not the entire macro as a whole.

I got into documentation mode and suggested some rather extensive
additions; please let me know what you think.

-Robin

--
http://singinst.org/ :  Our last, best hope for a fantastic future.
.i ko na cpedu lo nu stidi vau loi jbopre .i danfu lu na go'i li'u .e