On 24Jul2012 15:20, Aaron Toponce <aaron.topo...@gmail.com> wrote:
| On Tue, Jul 24, 2012 at 04:12:22PM +0000, John Long wrote:
| > Mutt is a great app! It doesn't suck at all.
|
| Hmmm. I'm going to disagree a bit. [...]
|     - Local commands, such as 'c' to change mailboxes, can take ages, even
|       though all the mailboxes are cached.

Maybe this is an imap thing. It is fairly fast with local Maildirs (my
setup).

|     - All around, it's slow. Even with caching.

I find it fast, again using local Maildirs. Except for some thread based
stuff (delete-thread comes to mind; surprisingly not fast).

|     - Inconsistent keyboard shortcuts. First it's 'i' that exits, then 'y'
|       then 'q', and so on.

Well, if you mean 'i' for "index", 'q' works as well. And for the "y/q",
that is send/abort - you need two keystrokes one way or another.

|     - No ability to change signatures when changing accounts automatically.

Well, mutt doesn't have "accounts". It has individual settings for a
bunch of things, which would normally be grouped together as an
"account" in other clients. Mutt is more flexible as a consequence but
also more fiddly.

|     - No RSS/Usenet support.

There's a patch for NNTP, though personally I have a custom "sendmail"
script the recognises "group.name@usenet" and funnels it sideways to
usenet instead of email. And a usenet article fetcher for the other
half.

Cheers,
--
Cameron Simpson <c...@zip.com.au>

Sattinger's Second Law: Even though you've plugged it in, it still won't work
until you switch it on.