On Sat, Aug 04, 2012 at 07:33:52PM +0200, markus reichelt wrote:
> mutt 1.5.21
>
> reply gone wrong; a reply to a mailinglist post. for some reason I
> press 'g' for group reply, instead of just 'r'
>
> so mutt asks about a reply to the mailinglist, and yeah, i dont want
> it there, so I press n, but it CC'ed the darn list as well.
>
> fwiw, the mlist in question is both listed under 'lists' and
> 'subscribe' ...
>
> any (serious) ideas as to prevent such a meltdown from happening
> again? thanks.

Not exactly an explanation to your question but I got into the habit of using
shift+l for replying to lists defined by the subscribe command which avoids
this problem. It also ensures people aren't bothered by receiving two copies of
emails when they too are subscribed to the list i'm replying to.

        Jamie