/ Chris Green wrote on Thu  8.Nov'12 at 18:13:10 +0000 /

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 11:06:35AM -0600, Derek Martin wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 08, 2012 at 01:03:07PM +0000, Jamie Paul Griffin wrote:
> > > Hi Chris, personally, i'd stick with what your current set-up.
> >
> > Ditto.  I don't currently do this but that's only because port 25 is
> > blocked by my ISP.  I've run my mail this way before and would do it
> > again if it were a practical option.
> >
> Er, we're talking (or at least I'm talking) about mail delivery *from*
> your ISP to your computer at home (or wherever).  Your ISP blocking port
> 25 won't affect this at all, it's your receiving computer that needs to
> have port 25 open.
>
> --
> Chris Green

Yes as far as I know, the ISP blocking port 25 thing is for sending mail out,
in which case you can use your mta to send through a smarthost. Receiving I set
up DNS to forward mail to my IP, and port forwarding on my router at home to
the machine that has an smtp daemon listening on port 25 or as Patrick said,
listening on a different port like the submission port for example.