> However, I find dovecot deliver (which uses the sieve language
> for filtering) to be much more readable/writable than procmail.

Sieve does not include regular expressions -- I shit you not.

Dovecote needs regular expression capability to be shoe-horned in by
some hokey plugin.  Regular expressions are quite fundamental to a
mail filtering language that has an appropriate amount of expressive
power.  It's bizarre that sieve is presented as a thought out
successor to procmail complete with an RFC, and yet it excludes
something as essential as regular expressions.

I'm resisting sieve because the C-style makes the code look cluttered,
and it lacks expressive power.  The one aspect that may compel a
switch to sieve is the fact that it is MIME-aware.  MIME predates
procmail, and it's a shame that procmail has become unmaintained.

OTOH, I might rather have third party tools for MIME than third party
tools for regular expressions.