On 2012-11-18, Jamie Paul Griffin <ja...@kode5.net> wrote:
> / Woody Wu wrote on Sun 18.Nov'12 at 15:05:37 +0800 /
>
>> I want to read/post the list in gmane.org.  So I want to ask, if the
>> list (mutt-users) allow users to subscribe but without send messages to
>> their mailbox?
>
> Yes you can use gmane.org to read and post to mutt-users. You need to
> use a usenet client, such as slrn. Some OS distributions have package
> managers that provide a way of installing a number of usenet clients
> and i believe that some capability has been provided in mutt to be
> used as a usenet client. I'm not sure if it's in the official source
> or if it's a patch that someone has written. Personally, I'd use slrn.
>
> You could quite easily find information about it from gmane's website
> and from Google search which is what I suggest you do next.

You misunderstood my question. I know how to use gmane.  My question is
how can I subscribe mutt-users but don't let it delivery messages of the
list to my mailbox.  Since, mutt-users is not a public mailing listing,
so gmane will not post message for me if I don't subscribe to the list.
But as long as I subscribe mutt-users, I begin to get a lot of emais
every day from the list, this is not I expected when I went to gmane for
a mailing list.  Sorry for my English level, I hope this time I
expressed clearly.

--
woody
I can't go back to yesterday - because I was a different person then.