On Sat, Nov 24, 2012 at 03:43:21AM +1300, Chris Bannister wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 21, 2012 at 01:21:18PM -0600, Jim Graham wrote:

> > Interesting, considering that Unix doesn't use CR/LF ... it uses a single
> > newline instead.  So I suppose that means that the entire e-mail, from
> > the "From " line to the end of the sig is all one paragraph, then?  :-)
>
> I could say that the "/" quite often means "or". I'm aware that there
> are differences between the various OS as to what is a valid line
> terminator, as to what they are is not very relevant here.

If this is replying to the post I think it is, I did not say anything
about "/" ... I referred to escaping the newline char with a BACKslash
("\").  Of course, this does not work for all languages (unless I missed
something somewhere), but it does work for several that I've used.  I
don't know where you pulled the slash comment from, but it wasn't from
my post.

Oh, and just out of curiousity, what language uses a slash for "OR" ?
I've always seen || (not sure if I've seen a single pipe for a logical
"OR" or not---my chemobrain[1]). is playing games with my head right
now.

Later,
   --jim

[1] from cancer #1

--
THE SCORE:  ME:  2  CANCER:  0
73 DE N5IAL (/4)            MiSTie #49997      < Running Mac OS X Lion >

         No, I'm not going to explain it.  If you can't figure it
         out, you didn't want to know anyway...      --Larry Wall

Android Apps Listing at http://www.jstrack.org/barcodes.html