=- Jamie Paul Griffin wrote on Tue 20.Nov'12 at 22:19:25 +0000 -=

> My confusion is simply due to the fact that when my emails come
> through from mutt's mailing list manager to my server and I read
> them with mutt, I don't experience the readability issues others
> seem to. It's not something that has been pointed out to me on
> other lists or other people I communicate with by email either.

Even though mutt supports some builtin wrapping and with external
filters anybody could do anything... some still don't wrap
everything ... maybe because it disturbs something else then...

Long-liners are still rare in mutt-world because of where mutt comes
from, so as exceptions they stand out, even if it may be common
everywhere else.

No real harm done anyway, just clarifying habits.