On 2012-12-05, Chris Green wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2012 at 06:43:34PM +1100, Erik Christiansen wrote:
> > On 04.12.12 14:00, Jeremy Kitchen wrote:
> > > alternatively, you could reformat the mails at receive time through
> > > a procmail filter or something if you have that kind of access to the
> > > mail server.
> >
> > If anyone has a working solution, I'd be interested too. The following
> > had to be commented out, because folded URLs and code patches weren't
> > much use:
> >
> Can I add another vote/want for this too!
>
> I mostly find the formatting in the internal pager is 'near enough' the
> problem arises when I hit R[eply] (or more likely L[ist reply]) and the
> long lines get into my editor.  While I can set the linewrap option
> (it's a vi clone) that's far from perfect, it would be much nicer if
> lines were fed into the editor in the format seen in mutt's pager.

Maybe you could filter the reply through "fold -s" on its way to
your editor, perhaps with a wrapper script around your editor.

I use Vim and have 'linebreak' set for mail files so that they're
readable without reformatting.  When I send a reply I reformat any
long lines with gq.

I've been reading all these complaints about mutt's wrapping and
people's wrapping but I just don't see the problem.  I have "set
wrap=80" in my muttrc.  Lines that the author wraps and lines that
mutt has to wrap all look fine to me.

Regards,
Gary