On 22.12.2012-23:09, Marco wrote:
> On 2012–12–22 Andre Klärner wrote:
>
> > Well, from the manpage of abook I guess that is not possible. But from my
> > perspective it is the right way to do it as it is. I think of it as a
> > properly written address is better than just the technical declaration of
> > the receipient (like on an official invitation the sometimes handwritten
> > address on the envelope), but this is just me.
>
> I totally agree with you. However, I think it can be useful at
> times, especially for mailing lists. I have some mailing lists that
> have a quite long name, but in abook I stored them with a custom
> abbreviation, instead of the official one.

Hi!
I agree with you, as well.
But there are some occasions where should be useful not to put the real name.
For example in my address book there are people who I know the real name, but
on the net they only use their nicknames. In these case should be useful add
simple the nickname. It's a privacy issue.
Nevertheless in order to solve my problem I can simply switch the field name
with the field nickname ;)

Thanks a lot,
bye bye
--