----- Marco <net...@lavabit.com> [2013-02-19 11:08:08 +0100] ----- :

> On 2013–02–19 James Griffin wrote:
>
> > The first folder-hook is the default. It removes the coloured threading
> > in folders such as my inbox and others that are not mailing list
> > mailboxes or those which are not threaded, for whatever reason.
>
> I use the same technique.
>
> > The second folder-hook, in this case for my mutt mailing list mailbox,
> > and the same is true for all other mailing list mailboxes, sets the
> > colour black on green on mails that have my domain in the messages that
> > have been followed up to in threads in which I have participated.
>
> The problem is that ~x triggers on the References field. However,
> the first message does not have a References field and unfortunately
> that is the most important message to highlight, since that's the
> only visible message (I collapse the threads by default).
>
> One step further would be to trigger on messages I responded to.
> That yields correct results if I respond to the original posting,
> but it fails if I respond to a deeper nested mail in a long thread.
>
> > The pattern ~(~something) is for doing things to messages within threads,
> > as someone suggested already.
>
> I couldn't get this working. But frankly, I didn't quite grasp yet
> what it's supposed to do. I will read the docs once more and try
> again later.
>
> Marco

I've had trouble getting it to work in my patterns as well. You use my
pattern and extend it by including another pattern. ~P, ~v and ~f :
messages from you, messages which are part of a collapsed thread and
messages from EXPR respectively could be included in the pattern I
provided. I'd go for ~P personally, so perhaps:

        color index black green "~P ~x example.com";

~P AND ~x (so logical AND) both true, not one or the other, could work?
I haven't tested it yet but will do later maybe.

--
Primary Key: 4096R/1D31DC38 2011-12-03
Key Fingerprint: A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38