----- Andre Klärner <kan...@ak-online.be> [2013-02-19 13:23:08 +0100] ----- :

> Hi Marco,
>
> I think it was quite badly explained: ~(…) returns threads, that contain at
> least one message where the inner pattern matched. So the example "~(~P)"
> as listed in the documentation will give you all threads that contain a
> message you sent.

A reference and suggestion to the pattern was given twice in the thread.
The documentation and man pages provide all the explanation that is
needed. I am quite sure Marco is capable of typing man muttrc at his
terminal to find out what it does.

> I just tried it on my mutt-mailbox, with ":color index yellow default ~(~P)"
> and it colored all threads I participated in yellow as expected. This also
> affected the collapsed view: http://imgur.com/d2BhIa4

My understanding is, that the pattern ~(~P) will only highlight the
messages sent from Marco within the thread. It won't highlight all the
messages in the thread, namely those not sent by Marco. This is not what
he wants.

Primary Key: 4096R/1D31DC38 2011-12-03
Key Fingerprint: A4B9 E875 A18C 6E11 F46D  B788 BEE6 1251 1D31 DC38