Incoming from Florian Lohoff:

> Just to make it clear - I am one of those who like to get a direct
> reply _additionally_ to the list mail.

Patrick is correct.  It should be up to you to *request* a personal
Cc: if you want one.  The list volume here is not that big that it's
difficult to keep up with, and nobody NEEDS to actually read it all.
Hit delete for those you want to ignore.

Your way of doing it isn't a big problem for me.  It's just an
annoyance here.  However, I've seen others for whom this is intensely
annoying.  They're the real victims.

It's unnecessary too.  mutt + {procmail|mailfilter|imapfilter?} can
split mail efficiently into separate mailboxes and mutt can cycle
automatically through the mailboxes that it notices have new mail.
There's no need for anyone to expect the list or its participants to
do anything special for them.

HTH.  :-)

- -