On Sat, Feb 23, 2013 at 08:00:24AM -0500, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
> To my understanding, list software does not decide, except concerning MFT.
> *The* problem is users not responding to list, "L", but rather to all, "g".

For the record, I'll also note that I rarely actually do this, even
though I agree 100%.

This is a matter of habit rather than malice; by far the most e-mail I
reply to is at work, where even though most of the mail I reply to
comes from a mailing list, it also invariably includes half a dozen
other recipients that are not (or at least might not be) on the list,
so list replies are inadequate.  We have a truly staggering number of
mailing lists, and having to look to see if each recipient happens to
be on the list in question is just impractical.  So as a (bad) habit I
group-reply to nearly 100% of my mail, excepting the relatively rare
cases when it occurs to me that I want to say something to the sender
that is not appropriate for the group, or the exceedingly rare cases
when I remember to list-reply.

Mea culpa.  Luckily for you, there are a variety of ways for you to
cope with my dups.  Use one. :)

-=-=-=-=-