I've been watching this thread for a while and thinking "Good grief, give me a
break".

This is only my point of view.

1. RTFM is rude.  It is usually written by people who seem to feel the need to
show that they know more than someone else.
2. Having to put up with people who ask basic questions is a lame complaint.  News: It
isn't a burden to hit the delete or simply ignore a post.  Self-righteous claims of
pedagogical concern that the person asking the question will not really learn anything if
you simply give them the answer ring hollow to me.  A good teacher never says "Read
the Fing book, kid."
3. The idea of having a seperate moderated list for basic questions vesus
advanced questions strikes me as a huge confusing waste of time.  The same
people who get so upset that they have to reply RTFM will get upset and whine
about questions being posted to the wrong list.

If you don't want to answer something, don't answer it.  Replying RTFM does
nothing except make you look like a jerk.

--
John